Last Updated: 9/15/2023
Acceptance of Terms. Synapse Florida (“Synapse”) and its events – Synapse Summit, Synapse Orlando, and any of its community events (“Events”), are subject to the following Terms and Conditions (“Terms and Conditions”). “Attendee” for purposes of these Terms will include all participants at Events, including Sponsors, Exhibitors, Speakers, Volunteers, and Attendees. By participating in any Event, you agree to these Terms so please read them carefully. By registering for, attending, or otherwise participating in an Event, you accept and agree to these Terms and Conditions. You must accept these Terms and Conditions to complete your registration to attend and participate in an Event. Your acceptance of the Terms and Conditions is binding, perpetual, and irrevocable. Failure to follow these Terms and Conditions will result in denial of attendance, cancellation of your registration, and removal from an Event without any refund or compensation in addition to any other rights, claims, or remedies Synapse may have.
Synapse reserves the right to update these Terms and Conditions at any time without notice to you. In addition to these Terms and Conditions, you further agree that you will (a) abide by any additional terms or on-site rules for our Events and (b) complete other releases, forms, or documents if required by Synapse for the Event.
You acknowledge and agree that Synapse has the right to refuse admittance, deny, limit, or cancel registration, revoke access privileges, or remove any person from its Events at any time in its sole discretion. Synapse is not responsible for any damages, whether direct or indirect, refunds or other compensation related to these actions. You hereby waive any and all related rights, claims, or remedies.
Synapse Event Code of Conduct. You affirm that you have read and will abide by Synapse’s Event Code of Conduct set forth below.
Synapse’s mission is to connect and catalyze Florida’s vibrant and diverse innovation community. This includes all Synapse events and gatherings, including on digital platforms and in person, where we seek to create a respectful, friendly, enjoyable, and inclusive experience for all participants.
Synapse provides tools and services that are designed to help Attendees get the most value out of their Events experiences. These tools and services are designed to help Attendees build personal agendas, and find and connect with others (Synapse media, Synapse associates, partners, sponsors, exhibitors, and volunteers) before, during, and after an Event. To ensure positive experiences are had by all, we require Attendees to uphold the principles of this Code of Conduct.
The Code of Conduct applies to all aspects of Events and any related digital or other in-person activities and events. Synapse does not tolerate the following in any aspect of an event program, including business and social activities:
- Behavior that is disruptive, disrespectful, or degrading to others, including any messages, images, or interactions by anyone, in any form, regardless of location.
- Harassment or discrimination based on age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, national origin, physical or mental disability, religion, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local laws, regulations, and ordinances.
We encourage everyone to assist in creating welcoming and safe environments. Please report any concerns, harassing behavior, or suspicious or disruptive activity to Synapse staff, the event host or owner, or the nearest event staff.
Synapse reserves the right to refuse admittance to or remove any person from a Synapse event at any time at its sole discretion.
How We Collect and Use Your Personal Data
Your privacy is important to us. Synapse collects data from you, through our interactions with you and through our products. You provide some of this data directly, and we get some of it by collecting data about your interactions, use, and experiences with our events, community engagements, and partners. The data we collect depends on the context of your interactions with Synapse and the choices you make.
- By registering for or attending an Event, you accept and agree that the collection and use of your personal information is subject to the Synapse Privacy Statement.
- Synapse does not sell, trade, or rent your personal information to others.
- By registering for an Event, you give Synapse permission to contact you regarding your attendance at the Event and engagement with the broader Synapse community. We will only use your contact information to send you relevant Synapse-related information.
- You may edit and/or delete your contact information at the Event registration site. (Note that if you choose to delete your personal data, your registration will be canceled.)
- Synapse will store basic profile data to register for future events and recommend Event session content. You may delete your information at any time.
- Synapse may send you promotional communications or share your personal information with Event partners.
- Synapse may ask you to provide additional information about yourself – such as your industry and title – to better understand what kinds of professionals are attending Events and interested in certain types of sessions. We may also ask you if we may use that information to inform you about Event-related opportunities you may be interested in, such as Attendee networking events. If you choose not to participate in the offered opportunities, your information will not be used for those purposes.
- You may be entitled to opt-in to messaging features in a Synapse community portal and app. These features are designed to help you find and connect with your peers before, during, and after Events, as well as year-round networking. Certain features in a Synapse community portal or app, including but not limited to in-app messaging, may or may not be available to all users. By opting-in, you consent to explicitly sharing personal information with other users in your online posts, messages, meeting invitations, or another vehicle of your choice. Your usage of these features is bound by our general Code of Conduct.
Broadcast, Photography & Recordings
- Please be advised that (i) Events may be broadcast live, including via livestream video, and as a recorded video available on-demand or otherwise through any method or platform chosen by Synapse; and (ii) photographs, video, and recordings may be taken by Synapse throughout an Event, including during Event sessions, for future use by Synapse as described in these Terms and Conditions.
- Photography, video, or recording of an Event, session content, or presentations in any format by Attendees without Synapse’s prior written permission is prohibited.
Personal Consent, Release, and License
- By attending an Event, you consent to Synapse (its successors, or its authorized event vendors helping to produce the Event) to collect your name, username, image, voice, signature, likeness, and/or other personal indicia in broadcasts, photographs, and recordings of the Event and Event sessions (collectively, the “Recordings”). These Recordings may be electronic recording, film, videotape, audio tape, or any form of digital capture.
- You hereby consent and grant to Synapse and its authorized representatives an unrestricted, perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free, irrevocable license, with rights to assign and sublicense, to use your name, image, likeness, signature, voice, or other personal indicia without compensation of any kind to you for Synapse’s purposes and without obtaining further consent or permission from you, including the following: (i) for any Event-related purposes; (ii) in the Recordings (and for any manner or purpose for which those Recordings may be used); (iii) on Synapse’s websites and other media channels; and (iv) for any marketing, advertising, or other promotional materials or purpose.
- You hereby release Synapse from and against any and all liability or claims that you have or may in the future have for rights of publicity, invasion of privacy, defamation, libel or slander, and/or any other tort or cause of action arising out of or related to the Event, use of the Recordings, and any use of your name, image, likeness, signature, voice, or other personal indications.
Government Employees and Officials. Synapse is committed to serving its customers and partners with integrity and in compliance with all applicable legal and ethical requirements, including those related to anti-corruption and gifts to public or government officials. If you are (i) a government employee or (ii) employed by a government-owned or controlled company or (iii) treated as a government official in your country, you acknowledge and agree that you are solely responsible for ensuring that your attendance and participation at the Event and acceptance of any gifts, gratuities, or other benefits provided to Event attendees complies with any applicable legal and ethics policies or regulations, including those of your company or organization.
Assumption of Risk. You are responsible for your actions during the Event and your attendance is entirely voluntary. You assume all risks relating to your participation in the Event.
Force majeure. In the event that Synapse is prevented from carrying out its obligations as a result of any cause beyond its control, such as but not limited to an act of God, war, natural disaster, a public health epidemic and/or pandemic, acts or threats of terrorism, civil disturbance, action by governmental entity, strikes, lock-outs, curtailments of transportation services or facilities, the failure of any third party to deliver goods or services for the Event, the facility, such as AMALIE Arena, exercises its right to contractually change the date, or any other situation that makes it impossible, illegal, or commercially unfeasible for Synapse to hold the Event, Synapse reserves the right to cancel or reschedule the Event, and shall be relieved of its obligations and liabilities in connection therewith. ALL TICKETS ARE NON-REFUNDABLE and a credit to the ticket holder for the rescheduled event date will be applied.
Submission of an online registration constitutes an official registration and intent to attend the Event. There will be no open invoicing for tickets. Please note Synapse does not accept cash payments onsite at any Event, unless required by law. ALL TICKETS ARE NON-REFUNDABLE.
You agree that, in the unlikely event that Synapse cannot resolve your payment issue and you dispute the credit card charge, your electronic statement may be used as evidence that said charge is valid and just.
Heroes Rate Eligibility
The Heroes rate is open to employees of a national/federal, state, provincial, or local government entity, including public, private, and higher education institutions, and healthcare workers. It is the responsibility of the individual to show proper government ID at onsite registration check-in.
Student Rate Eligibility
The student rate is open to students currently enrolled in public or private primary, trade or higher education institutions. It is the responsibility of the individual to show proper student ID at onsite registration check-in.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
EXCEPT AS OTHERWISE SET FORTH IN THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE EVENT AND ALL SERVICES, INFORMATION, AND MATERIALS PROVIDED IN CONNECTION WITH THE EVENT ARE PROVIDED BY SYNAPSE AND/OR ITS RESPECTIVE SUPPLIERS “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OR CONDITION OF ANY KIND, AND SYNAPSE AND/OR ITS RESPECTIVE SUPPLIERS HEREBY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, INCLUDING ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, OR STATUTORY, OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL SYNAPSE AND/OR ITS RESPECTIVE SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY LOSS OR DAMAGE, OR FOR ANY OTHER LOSS, INCLUDING ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE, SPECIAL, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR THAT RELATE TO THIS AGREMENT, PARTICIPATION IN THE EVENT OR THE SERVICES, INFORMATION OR MATERIALS PROVIDED IN CONNECTION WITH THE EVENT. THIS EXCLUSION APPLIES REGARDLESS OF THE LEGAL THEORY FOR THE CLAIM AND EVEN IF THE PARTY IS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.