Synapse Summit 2024 Event FAQ
Where and When is Synapse Summit 2024?
WHEN: Wednesday, February 28, 2024.
WHERE: AMALIE Arena in downtown Tampa, located at 401 Channelside Drive, Tampa, Florida, 33602 – map
What experiences can I expect?
You can expect to have an amazing day witnessing and learning from incredible keynotes, speakers, and breakout sessions. You will have direct access to innovation experts, featured partners, exclusive real-world learning opportunities, connections with hundreds of other attendees who are also interested in innovation, and telling your story to people who want to know more about you.
What is Synapse doing to cultivate an inclusive experience?
The Synapse Summit team is committed to creating a respectful, friendly and inclusive experience for ALL participants. Diversity, equity and inclusion are core components of Synapse culture, and we take pride in bringing together a community that is welcoming and thoughtful of others. Synapse Summit enables attendees to bring their whole selves to the event.
What should I do in advance as an attendee?
- Before you arrive, build your agenda using Synapse Summit Agenda
- Before you arrive, setup your networking profile using Synapse Summit’s Official Networking App – BUP. Make sure your profile is complete to get the best out of your networking experience. Share information about your interests and priorities to discover the sessions that are the best fit for you.
- Join us on Ice Level and Level 3 for the expo so you can meet with Florida’s innovation leaders and find the inspiration and connections you need.
- Keep an eye out for emails from the Synapse Team, with key updates, tips and tricks to getting the most out of your experience and ROI – “Return on Inspiration!”
- Follow our social channels and hashtags for the latest news.
Is there a virtual ticket option for Synapse Summit?
What is the Synapse Summit app and do I need to download it?
The Synapse Summit app is your hub for the event. The app allows you to view and update your agenda, network with other end users, receive important notifications, and more. We recommend using the app for an optimal Summit experience.
CLICK HERE to download the app from your mobile store.
Are the breakout sessions being live-streamed and/or recorded for on-demand viewing after the event?
Only select mainstage sessions will be recorded and later shared at our discretion.
What nearby hotels do you recommend?
Where can I park?
I have registered and have my ticket. How do I check-in and pick up my badge?
No printout or ticket is necessary to gain entrance to Summit.
AMALIE Arena’s main entrance located off Thunder Alley is the only entrance, regardless of ticket type for Summit.
The registration/check-in reception is open from 8am – 4pm. During check-in, you will receive your badge which gives you access to the arena, along with a networking bracelet.
IF YOU HAVE A VIP TICKET, you may pick-up your badge during the Synapse Summit VIP Pre-Party on February 27th at Tampa Bay History Center, 801 Water St, Tampa, FL 33602.
What are the accessibility options for Synapse Summit?
What floor plan can I expect?
You can expect to see AMALIE Arena like never before. Our partners, sponsors, and exhibitors will transform the arena into a celebration of innovation and inspiration.
The main event is on three levels:
- Level 1: Mainstage, Ice Level Expo, Networking Lounge
- Level 3: Innovation Zone, Community Hub, Ice Level Access, Concessions
- Level 4: Synapse Stages, VIP Lounges
- Consider bringing your walking shoes and get ready for a packed day with 6 stages, 150+ exhibitor experiences, and lots of networking spread across these 3 levels of AMALIE Arena. Many participants report getting 20K steps on their app counters because they tried to see everything! Please wear comfortable shoes and be ready to have a great time.
- Keep in mind that the Arena Floor is normally the hockey rink so expect to need a jacket or sweater… ice is cold, even here in Florida.
Will food and drinks be available?
- All Attendees
- AMALIE Arena’s open-design kitchens and Grab & Go concession options* will have a variety of food and drinks available for cashless purchase only Level 3 Sections 111, 112, 113, and 119.
- Exclusive to VIP Attendees
- Lunch, snacks, water, coffee, soft drinks, and happy hour drinks will be available in the VIP Lounge and designated Lofts located on Level 4. Vegan options are available.
Catered by Inside the Box Catering, a social enterprise of Metropolitan Ministries, which provides culinary arts education and hands-on vocational training to men and women transitioning out of homelessness.
I am exhibiting. What do I need to know?
I am a speaker. What do I need to know?
Is there WiFi and charging stations?
AMALIE Arena offers complimentary WIFI and charging stations located on Level 3, outside of Sections 104, 112, 120, and 128.
How can I find out more information about the venue?
Please visit AMALIE Arena’s F.A.Q. and A-Z Guide for Guest Services, Accessibility Information and much more.
What are the health protocols for Synapse Summit?
Furthermore, AMALIE Arena has implemented health and safety protocols based on current public health recommendations, including those set forth by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and other public health agencies, which continue to evolve as new information becomes available. Please read the following information carefully before attending any event at AMALIE Arena. Read more here, including AMALIE Arena Guest Assumption of Risk.
What are the safety and security policies for Synapse Summit?
What NOT to bring?
The following items are PROHIBITED by AMALIE Arena from being brought into Synapse Summit:
- Binoculars are permitted.* Binocular bags are not permitted
- Video or audio recording devices
- Laser pointers
- Weapons of any kind
- Bottles, cans, or containers of any kind
- Sharp objects, sticks or poles of any kind
- Pepper spray or mace
- Food or beverage items
- Drugs or controlled substances
- Chairs, folding chairs or any other type of individual chair for use
- Wrapped gifts
- Large banners or signs, banners or signs with objectionable language banners or signs on a pole of any kind
- Noisemakers and horns
Will there be a Guest Services desk onsite if I need assistance?
Yes, we will have a Guest Services desk located on Level 3 Section 101. For additional information, please visit: https://www.amaliearena.com/guest-services/policies
What else is going on in Tampa before and after Synapse Summit?
Do you publish or sell a copy of the attendee list?
No. Synapse does not post or sell attendee registration to 3rd-party list agents/brokers. For more details, please review the registration terms and conditions.
In the conference industry, we often come across fraudulent service providers who claim to be able to sell you attendee lists or tickets. Synapse has not authorized anyone to contact you on our behalf and we encourage you to avoid these attempts by not engaging with suspicious emails or calls as they are phishing scams.
What if I have a problem that is not solved by this FAQ?
If you have issues that are not solved by this FAQ, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Check back frequently, as this FAQ page will be updated as new information becomes available.