- This event has passed.
South Florida Civic Hacking Day
September 17 @ 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
Emergency Ventures and Code for South Florida are partnering to host South Florida Civic Hacking Day on Saturday, September 17th at the General Provision Downtown location at 300 SW 1st Ave, Suite, 155 Fort Lauderdale FL, 33301.
We’re bringing together about 75 technology professionals and government leaders for a one day community hackathon.
Get a crash course in civic organizing and hear from local leaders making a huge impact. Come out and make a difference in your community while getting the facts on some of the issues South Florida faces today.
**WHAT TO EXPECT**
Attendees will break out into groups for discussions with an organization on some of the challenges they face, each around a problem with a prompt of a technology solution.
Groups will be guided through the necessary steps to come up with a solution prototype, and present their concept to stakeholders at the end of the day.
**HOW WE WORK WITH PARTNERS**
Partners will present a general problem to the Code for South Florida team, who will help mold a prompt for a technology solution and potential tasks for each type of attendee skillset, including:
Each track team will have 1-2 Civic Hacking Day committee members assigned to support the development of the solution on the day and move towards implementation.
Make sure to bring a laptop and a water bottle.
8:00am | Donuts & Coffee
8:30am | Opening remarks:
* Whitney Lubin – Director @ Code for South Florida
* Tim Hasse – Founder @ General Provision
* Matthew Schnur | Innovation Lead @ Ft Lauderdale DDA
9:00am | Hacking Starts
* **Social Impact** hosted by Catalyst Miami
* **Affordable Housing** hosted by Miami Workers Center
* **Disaster Response** hosted by Emergency Ventures
12:00pm | Buffet Lunch
12:15pm | Panel: Private Sector Innovation for Governments
1:00pm | Back to Hacking
3:30pm | Presentations & Reviews
4:00pm | Informal Happy Hour
* Public Transport: The [Brightline](https://www.gobrightline.com/fort-lauderdale) Fort Lauderdale train station is within walking distance of the event, as well the [Tri-rail](https://www.tri-rail.com/stations/fort-lauderdale) Fort Lauderdale station is also nearby.
* Parking: We suggest using the [City of Fort Lauderdale’s Parking locator service](https://www.fortlauderdale.gov/government/departments-i-z/transportation-and-mobility/parking-services/city-parking-locator)