- This event has passed.
COMMUNITY COFFEE | “Agile Best Practices in a Hybrid World”
August 16 @ 8:00 am - 9:00 am
ABOUT COMMUNITY COFFEE ☕️
Community Coffees are monthly panel discussions with South Florida professionals on all sorts of topics from business to tech and ecosystem building. From conversations on aerospace technologies to cybersecurity to hiring best practices, we have covered so much.
** ASL interpretation provided by Beth Wagmeister @ WAG
TOPIC OF DISCUSSION ☕
“Agile Best Practices In A Hybrid World”
The Agile Methodology has continued to change over the past three decades since it’s initial inception. Created out of necessity due a lack of a better practice, digital transformation within companies, and the overall need to shorten the overall software development life cycle.
BUT. . .
Most agile best practices implemented within larger corporations were to shorten the time to release a new update, often 2 week sprints, but continuous delivery requires even more radical change. Most of the changes towards digital transformation and agile implementation were also in a standard in-office setting.
BUT. . .
The pandemic hit. It forced us to become more agile and innovative thinkers to get the job done in a non-typical work setting away from our colleagues, without the ability to just walk over and talk to a developer, without in person team meetings and often expecting shorter release times once again.
Join us as we answer some of the following questions:
- Is hybrid working the same as agile working?
- Are the days of co-located teams done?
- How do we ensure we don’t leave remote workers behind?
- What are the benefits of working hybrid? What are best practices?
- How do we replace the creativity, participation, and engagement that comes with whiteboards, stickie notes and sharpies? Can we manage it in virtual conferencing?
Join the discussion to learn from agile experts!
- Geri O’Toole | Enterprise Agile Coach @ NextEra Energy Inc.
- Anjali Leon | Agility & Product Coach @ PPL Coach
- Juan Lopez | Director, Software Product Develop. @ City Furniture
- Andrew Parry | VP, App Develop. & Support @ Office Depot
BRING YOUR QUESTIONS/COMMENTS ☕
We will be taking audience questions during the discussion so please come prepared. We look forward to your participation!